- The above quoted fees are Exclusive of VAT and will be charged at appropriatet rates (if applicable).
- All of the above quoted costs does not include Home Office Fees, Court Fees, Counsel Fees, Interpreter’s fees, Immigration Health Surcharge and any other Disbursements to be incurred on behalf of the Client.
- Applicants with two or more dependants may be given a reduced fee.
HOURLY RATE IMMIGRATION FEE STRUCTURE
Hourly Rate: Average £80.00 to £120.00
Application for all types of leave to remain (including indefinite leave to remain).
On average, this type of work takes between 10 – 12 hours to complete.
This means that on average costs are between £1200.00 to £1500.00. All figures excluding VAT unless specifically stated.
The exact number of hours it will take depends on the circumstances in your case. Such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider.
- Which language(s) you speak.
- Whether you are applying with other dependants.</li?
If you are able to provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of this range. The work will involve:
- discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you, which on average takes 2 to 3 hours;
- giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria, which on average takes 1 to 2 hours
- if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how, which on average takes 1 to 2 hours;
- considering the supporting evidence you have provided, which we anticipate will take 2 to 4 hours*;
- where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses;
- preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf, which we anticipate will take 3 to 4 hours;
- Attendance at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you) at the appropriate time. This could be between 2 and 4 hours of work.
- giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
- * the amount of hours depends on the number of documents, whether they need to be translated, whether anything is missing and how long it will take to obtain the missing documents. Disbursements (not included in costs set out above):
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- Interpreters fees at £25 per hour. This kind of application will normally require between 2 – 4 hours with an interpreter, depending on the complexity of your case.
- Independent expert reports e.g. medical experts. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary.
- If there is an interview and we do attend with you, there will be additional fee for attendance and disbursements in respect of our mileage/travel expenses.
The costs quoted here do not include:
- Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process.
- Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS). You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process.
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal.
FIXED FEE PROBATE FEE STRUCTURE
Gross value of Estate under £500,000.00, our fee is £1,500.00.
Gross value of Estate over £500,000.00, our fee is 3.5% of gross value of Estate.
All figures excluding VAT unless specifically stated.
We will normally be able to submit this type of application within 2 weeks of you instructing us, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this. Please note the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL FEES
- Immigration Consultation fee is £80.00+VAT (if applicable) and will be deductible from the agreed fixed fees.
- Consultation fee, other than immigration matter (Probate), is £120.00+VAT (if applicable).
As an essential element of our service, CK Solicitors will advise you on the options available to you for funding your case.
At CK Solicitors, in all the privately funded cases, we operate a fair and reasonable pricing policy with the aim of offering a fair and competitive legal charges. We always make a significant effort to ensure we offer you a reasonable number of fixed fee packages. We keep things fully transparent and detailed in order that there are no hidden costs and you are fully aware of all the costs relevant to your matter. At your first meeting you will be told how we calculate our charges. Whenever possible we will give you a detailed breakdown of the estimated total costs, whether these are our own fees or for any third party such as a barrister or expert.
At CK Solicitors we undertake work funded by the Legal Aid Agency (LAA). Public funding (formerly known as legal aid) is a system of government funding, administered by the LAA, for those who cannot afford to pay for legal advice and representation. Franchises are granted by the LAA for practising in specific areas of law and are an endorsement of our quality system, client commitment and legal skills in those areas.